- It costs lots of money (fuel is $10 to $20 per gallon).
- Handling fees, permits, etc can be costly.
- It helps if you are at least an A&P Mechanic (U.S. Certified Airframe & Powerplant) to address mechanical issues.
- Foreign lubricants (oil) sometimes do not match what we use.
- I have been around the world twice (Cessna 185 & Grumman Flying Boat). During these trips I ran very expensive ($65 and up each, 2 per cylinder) iridium or platnium fine wire spark plugs. They do NOT foul as easy.
- If you have a positive personality, patience and respect for foreign peoples you will probably have a good time. Lots of memories!!